Monday, August 19, 2013

Pop-up Pool in Brooklyn

This was something I had seen instagrammed a ton and didn't feel was worth the shlep out to DUMBO for. It was basically a temporary pool built for the summer. It was a ticketed event, so I anticipated standing in line for an hour after an hour subway ride. I thought that sounded lame. Had I taken into account the location, I would have probably realized how charming and worth-it it would be. My friend Kristi-Lynn Gibson got me out there. I would miss out on so much if I didn't have great friends! And because the day was mildly overcast, there was no line! We walked right in!
The view of Manhattan, swoon!
The pool was really more like the cherry on top. They had created a beach complete with bistro lights, a swanky lemonade stand, and Beach Boys music. 





Amazing!!! We spent a lot of time there ; )
Being that I was in the pool, I didn't really get any swimming pictures but you can kind of see the pool behind us there. 
We followed our swim with lunch, my first watermelon and basil lemonade, and a view of Brooklyn Bridge. 
And we ALWAYS have to ride Jane's Carousel. Always!

No comments: