Thursday, August 15, 2013

Brighton's 2nd Birthday

This dude is adorable. Tori and I had so much fun planning his birthday celebrations. Since we were still in that phase of hitting and kicking so no one actually liked hanging out with us, we planned a family day. He got to open his big present first thing in the morning so Daddy could see his reaction. 
It was a good one...
...as you can see.
He got to pick his breakfast and he pulled out bread and peanut butter.
Then Tori and I took him to a nearby basketball court for some street ball.
And Tori wasn't too into it so she practiced her scooter skills.
Then we introduced Bright to his first Happy Meal. It was, indeed, a happy meal. 
Presents and cake
Monster cake.....with nipples for eyes. Haha, nailed it.
Decorating all this with Tori was a blast. She made some monstrous cupcakes! 
One more shot of our handy work. 
All in all, a happy Birthday Boy! We love this kid even though in some ways he really is a little monster. He's also been the man of the house when Brandon's gone, and us gals need a little man here. I was talking with a friend about how since having Brighton, I haven't had any baby hunger, yet right after having Tori, I knew I wanted Brighton and would have had him a lot sooner had it been possible. My friend pointed out that given the lifestyle in New York, having more kids is daunting and had I not wanted Brighton sooner, I might have waited until Brandon was done with school. No one in their right mind would think, "Two kids in New York sounds like a great idea." So it's true, I probably would have waited, but I'm glad he's been a part of this journey and that I get to have him.

No comments: