Thursday, November 14, 2013

8th Anniversary

So, if we're being honest, which I try to be, I would say New York has been the hardest time in mine and Brandon's relationship. We've always had the privilege of being very involved in one another's lives, but here it literally feels like we live two totally separate lives where we occasionally cross paths for a night of catching up on our favorite TV shows. It's been a bit rough finding time to even see each other, let alone find time for romance. But Brandon really out did himself to find the romance this anniversary. We got majorly dolled up for what has to be our first and last meal over $100. Brandon found a place…THE PLACE, have you, personalized with all the right Jennie touches, complete with a rustic cabin vibe, a fireplace, bistro lights, and the best food ever (oh and it was called The Place). The lighting was very minimal so the already iPhone quality of my photos was taken down a bit. 
He cleans up so gooooood!
Scallops
My salmon cooked medium rare.  
My steak and potatoes man. But seriously, these mashed potatoes….UNREAL!



His "Seriously, get whatever you want, while I cry over the bill" face ; ) 

Then he gave me a personal tour of Grand Central Station, where we visited the kissing room, the whispering wall, and the terminal where Brandon showed me a small piece of the ceiling color before it was painted it's current turquoise. The previous brown color was a result of all the cigarette smoke. He also told me that the zodiac painted on the ceiling was actually painted backwards to emulate God's vantage point.


Whispering wall
 And our walk back to catch the bus next to the UN building. It was a lovely night.

I've been so lucky to be a part of Brandon's many successes which has taken me on so many adventures. I'm so grateful for his thoughtfulness amidst his demanding schedule. He always takes the time to make me feel special.

No comments: