Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall for Dance

Everyday in the summer, Central Park hosts their iconic Shakespeare in the Park at Delacorte Theatre for which you can get free tickets if you stand in line from 8:30 am to noon. This is not a story about Shakespeare in the Park, which I missed out on ever attending. However, you get four different dance companies together for a free dance show in the park….yeah I'll stand in line for that. So, Brighty and I dropped sissy at school and headed over for a chilly four hour wait in the park. 

Rocks and friends always help pass the time.
We found a new playground around the corner and just had to swiiiiiiing!
And after the not long wait after all, we scored our free tickets and our first taste of the waffle truck.
And why not go see some turtles?
Being the gentleman he is, Brighty strolled the ladies through part of the park.
And that night we enjoyed performances from the Streb Extreme Action Company, Paul Taylor Dance Company, Ronald K. Brown/Evidence, and New York City Ballet. Streb was the obvious highlight, with dancers climbing scaffolding and catapulting themselves off in choreographed chaos. It was both ridiculous and totally amazing. Cameras weren't allowed so I spent a lot of time trying to snap shots behind my brochure. I…kind of…succeeded.  



Upside Down
Red Angels

I believe, it was my first dance performance attended in NYC. It was well worth the wait for a free night with good friends!

No comments: