Monday, July 15, 2013

Philharmonic in the Park

I think everyone would be lying if they didn't admit that after seeing"August Rush," a symphony in the park wouldn't only be drool-worthy, but it also might reunite you with your first love and your genius child you had together (luckily my first love was Brandon and both my kids are genius's). Motives aside, I missed this last summer because I read inaccurate information on the web (gaaaaasp, how could it lie to me). And yes, I was devastated almost to tears. I researched intensely in preparation for it this year. Brandon wasn't dying to go, so Tori and I met up with other girl friends for a night out. 
As always...a night out is a night out with the rest of Manhattan. We didn't even try to find a close spot.
Because we can snuggle anywhere. 
Beautiful sunset.
It totally lived up to expectations. I felt like it was a combination of so many perfect things, Philharmonic, Central Park, fireflies (mine and Tori's first), fireworks, people with wine and cheese. I mean...seriously, a cultural feast for the ears and eyes.

Our other friends had to duck out early, so Tori and I decided to move in closer for the fireworks (which we would later find out, weren't anywhere near the Great Lawn, so it didn't really matter where we sat). And with over an hour still left of symphony music at 9:30 at night, I asked Tori if we she head home. Tori surprises me so often for being such an unadventurous little thing at times, she is however completely committed to fun having even while sitting in our own sweat with no available drinking water nearby. She convinced me that we had waited long so we should stay for the fireworks. Thus, to kill time...we took funny pictures.





We didn't get home until after 11, but it was worth it. Favorite tradition. You really nailed this one New York!

No comments: