Sunday, July 21, 2013

Niagara Falls

My life is about to get crazier than it's already been, so my hot Friday night plans consist of catching up this blog. Picking up where we left off...following the Hill Cumorah Pageant, we drove straight to Niagara Falls, which was another hour and a half or so drive. If my memory serves me correctly, we didn't get to our hotel until about 2 a.m. or at least didn't settle in for sleep until then. The kids were so psyched about the "new house." Tori couldn't wait to try out the new shower. 
All four us bunked in a queen size bed. It was an interesting night. These kids really don't know how good they got it with their dad. Most patient man ever!
First thing in the morning! She could get used to this lifestyle.


Took this pic to freak my mom out! 



We decided to to a boat tour of the falls, and Brighton was extremely unhappy about wearing his very cute toddler sized poncho. Craze-o! 

Grandpa Dean and Tori getting blown by force of the falls. It was very wet and very windy!
We thought it was funny...Brighton wasn't totally convinced. 
Soaked and still smiling. 




Right up close to falls. Thought this was so pretty. 
I've seen a lot of rivers in my day, but I have NEVER seen water that moved with this much force and magnitude. I felt very little...also, I think people that went off this in barrels were mentally unstable. This weekend in upstate New York was absolutely moving in every way. Mentally, physically, emotionally. I hope to do it again...and again. We were so lucky to have shared these memories with my in-laws. It wouldn't have been the same otherwise!

No comments: